Thursday, May 7, 2009

Collages

This one looks a little weird in the picture, but in person it is so neat. The bug in the center was a broken figurine and he is sitting on top of some roses that were left over from another project. All of the flowers around him are from a pillow that started making when I was a teenager. My mother was trying to teach me needlepoint or crewel I'm not sure which. Either way I was never going to finish the pillow and so I was thrilled to chop it up and use it on this collage. I got my husband to cut the sun out of wood for me and I made the butterflies out of a costume jewelry bracelet that had broken and multi-colored feathers.

This is a figurine that I bought some time ago and she didn't really fit in with the other witches in my collection. I like her much more now that I have given her a few changes, stuck her on a canvas and surrounded her with talisman from the Black Pullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment